Friday, November 10
Things you need to know:
· Please join us in wearing BLUE on Tuesday, November 14th to recognize World Diabete’s Day!
· Progress Reports will come home on Wednesday. Please remember to book your appointment for Parent Teacher Interviews on Thursday. Please remember to go online to: https://stjosephs.schoolappointments.com to book your Parent Teacher Interview time. The site will be open until Monday at noon for all parents to book.
· Volleyball Tournament is also next Wednesday at St. Michael’s all day. Please find attached the schedule for those parents who may need it. Also, reminder of the Girls’ and Boys’ games on Monday and Tuesday respectively against the former students after school. Go JAGS Go!!
· St. Michael’s Secondary Open House will be held on Wednesday, November 15th from 7:00 pm on. Students in Grade 6-8 and their families are invited to attend.
· Fall Fundraiser PICK UP is scheduled for Monday, November 27th from 3:00 – 3:45 pm. Please mark the date in your calendar.
· Wasteless Wednesday—interesting Factoid: This past week our percentage of Students who had wasteless lunches was 14%. Let’s try really hard to beat that next Wednesday!!
· Thank you to all those families who supported our “optional” Grade 8 fundraiser! The students of that class are very appreciative of your help.
· The Huron Perth Catholic District School Board is currently seeking Supply Support Staff. Should you or anyone you know be interested in becoming part of our team, please use the following link for further information: http://www.huronperthcatholic.ca/Documents/Careers/Supply%20Support%20Staff.pdf
Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board
The Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board invites applications for the positions of: Supply Educational Assistant (EA) Candidates will possess one or more of the ...
Week At A Glance
All Week – Bullying Awareness Week
Monday, November 13
· Last chance to book Parent Teacher Interviews online until noon
· Girls’ Volleyball game after school against former students, 3:15 – 4:00 pm
Tuesday, November 14
· Please wear BLUE to recognize World Diabete’s Day
· Boys’ Volleyball game after school against former students, 3:15 – 4:00 pm
Wednesday, November 15
· Volleyball Tournament at St. Michael’s Secondary School
· Progress Reports go home
· St. Michael’s Secondary School Open House, 7:00 pm
Thursday, November 16
· Volleyball Tournament snow date
· Parent Teacher Interviews, 3:20 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday, November 17
· Hot lunch is New Orlean’s Pizza
· November 20 – Badminton for Grade 6/7
· November 22 – Badminton for Grade 5/6 & 8
· November 25 & 26 – Presentation of Confirmation Candidates at both Churches
· November 27 – Fall Fundraiser pick up at the school
· November 29 – Grade 1 Retreat, morning at Immaculate Conception Church
· November 29 – Grade 8 Tech Day at St. Michael’s Secondary School (snow date – Nov. 30)
· December 1 – PD Day
Monday, November 6
Good Morning, Happy Monday!
Very sorry the software that we send these emails with was glitching out on Friday afternoon….therefore the delay of this…
· A warm welcome to Mr. Bodkin, our acting Principal until Christmas. Mrs. Marcy’s surgery was successful and she thanks everyone for their best wishes.
· A huge thank you from Student Cabinet for the support the school community gave them with their popcorn sales. The popcorn sale was so successful that they have decided to sell it every Thursday for the next few weeks. So once again, it is peanut & gluten free and meets our healthy schools guidelines. Student Cabinet is selling it for $1.50/bag and the flavour choices are: white cheddar, butter & salt or kettle corn.
· Wasteless Wednesday: The Eco Team will be taking another stab at Wasteless Wednesdays this week. Last week—the day after Halloween—was maybe not the best day to start…lol! So just a reminder that on Wednesday, if there is any garbage leftover with your child’s lunch it will “boomerang” home to help educate students as to their individual footprint on the environment.
· Grade 8 Fundraiser. The Grade 8 class is also doing an additional fundraiser to help cover the cost of their year end trip—it is outside of normal school fundraising and completely optional. However, if you or family members are interested in ordering a special Thirty One Gift - medium utility tote please let the office know. More information is attached. The deadline for orders is November 10th.
· Please wear BLUE on Tuesday, November 14th to recognize World Diabete’s Day. Please join us in raising awareness and educating the whole school community about this disease and how it affects those who live with it on a daily basis.
· Save the Date! Our Fall Fundraiser pick up for Fresh from the Farm and To Bean or Not To Bean items will be Monday, November 27th.
Wednesday, November 8
· Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm in the Library. Everyone is welcome to attend!
· Remembrance Day Liturgy, 10:45 am in the gym
· Final day for Grade 8 fundraiser orders
· Hot lunch is Mr. Sub Subs
· November 13-17 – Bullying Awareness Week
· November 14 – World Diabete’s Day, please wear blue
· November 15 – Progress Reports go home
· November 15 – Volleyball Tournament at St. Michael’s Secondary School (Nov. 16 Snow date)
· November 16 – Parent Teacher Interviews from 3:20-8:00 pm
For those of you who are planning ahead….
Events in December/January
· Friday, December 1 – PD Day
· Thursday, December 7 – Advent Mass, 9:30 am in the gym
· Monday, December 11 – Christmas Concert at 1:00 & 7:00 pm
· Monday, December 18 – Christmas Turkey Lunch for the whole school
· December 23 – January 7 – Christmas Holidays
· January 8 – First day back to school in the new year