Everyone has successfully survived the first week back after
the March Break!
Things you need to know:
A huge thank you to ALL of our students for their
“colour” support this past week. We brought awareness to: World Down’s
Syndrome Day with crazy socks, World Water Day with blue and Earth Hour with
wearing green. Thank you St. Joseph’s families!!
We invite parents and grandparents to our Holy
Thursday Liturgy at 10:30 am in the gymnasium. This week’s Liturgy will
be lead by our Grade 6/7 Class.
A reminder that the next Hot Lunch period (April
– the end of June) is available to order online until Wednesday, March 28th
For those creative students:
Please find attached a flyer for special FREE Masterclasses at the Stratford
Festival. Registration is necessary and the classes begin in April.
St. Joseph’s School Yearbook: We are
looking for Yearbook cover designs created by our students. All
submissions need to be to the office by Thursday, March 29th at the
end of the day.
Graduation! Information about Graduation
Photos has gone home this week. Our photo date is Thursday, April 5th.
Both Senior Kindergarten and Grade 8 students will have their photos taken that
day. The date for both Graduation ceremonies is: Wednesday, June 27th.
The Senior Kindergarten ceremony will be held around lunchtime (details will
follow from Mrs. Campbell and Mrs. MacDonald) and the Grade 8 ceremony will be
at 6:00 pm at St. Joseph’s Church followed by a short reception in the Parish
We have been asked to pass along the following
information to our families with regards to voting and candidate information
session (attached) from the Municipal Government:
Ontario residents can find out whether they
are on the list to vote for the upcoming municipal and school board elections
Voterlookup.ca is an
online service used to collect and confirm information that will be used in the
preparation of the final Voters’ Lists across Ontario. You can also change your
school support for electoral purposes and add names to your property address.
To confirm your information is accurately
recorded for the upcoming elections, log on to voterlookup.ca using your
property address or assessment roll number and your full name and date of
Updating this information will help to
ensure that Voters’ Lists are accurate and up-to-date in preparation for
municipal and school board elections occurring this October.
If you do not have access to the internet,
please call 1-866-296-6722.
Week At A Glance
Tuesday, March 27
Blue Spruce voting begins
Wednesday, March 28
Grade 6 Retreat at St. Michael’s Secondary
School, all day
Grade 8 Walking Excursion to the City of Stratford
Water Treatment Plant
Final Day to order Hot Lunches online.
Thursday, March 29
Holy Thursday Liturgy, 10:30 am in the
gymnasium. Everyone is welcome!
Grade 3/4 Class Excursion to “A Wrinkle In
Time”, 12:00 pm
Hot Lunch is New Orlean’s Cheese Pizza
Just a reminder that tomorrow night is our special Parent
Please join us as our guest speaker, Lionel Loganathan,
shares suggestions and strategies to help your child with their math studies…
Workshop begins at 6:30 pm in the gym. Feel free to bring parents from
outside our school too. Beverages and snacks will be provided.
Friday, March 9, 2018
Welcome to March Break!
The staff at St. Joseph’s Stratford wish you all
an amazing March Break week with your children. Safe travels to all those
families doing any traveling. Most of all we wish you all a wonderful week
full of happy moments and events to create cherished memories for you and your
Please join us March 20th for a
Parent Math Night Workshop!! Information is attached.
Congratulations to our 3 students who reached
the Regional Free Throw Competition in London last weekend. Venna Wecheyi
and Ethan Donaldson both finished 4th in their age categories and
Gustin Soriano placed 1st for the third year in a row. Way to
go!! Everyone at St. Joseph’s School are very proud of you and your
Lenten Giving: Our school has raised well
over $300.00 to date for Project Precious!! Our Lenten giving will
continue throughout Lent.
The next round of hot lunches are available for
ordering online as of Monday, March 12th. The deadline for all
orders is: Wednesday, March 28th.
World Water Day is Thursday, March 22. Our
ECO Team is asking that students please wear BLUE to help raise awareness and
to please bring a reusable water bottle. We will try to conserve
water. Suggestions for this can be found at www.worldwaterday.org
Earth Hour will be recognized on Friday, March
23rd between 2:15-3:15 pm here at our school. (the actual
Earth Hour is Saturday, March 24) The ECO Team asks that students please wear green
that day in recognition of this event. We will turn off as much
electricity as we can during that hour. Please see www.earthhour.org for more information.
Week of March 19 -23
Tuesday, March 20
Grade 2 First Communion Retreat, all day at
Immaculate Conception Church
MATH NIGHT/WORKSHOP, 6:30 – 8:30 pm in the gymnasium
Wednesday, March 21
Lenten Liturgy, 1:30 pm in Gym. All are
Girls’ Basketball Game: St. Ambrose at St.
Boys’ Basketball Game: St. Joe’s at St.
Thursday, March 22
World Water Day-please wear blue
Friday, March 23
Earth Hour, 2:15 – 3:15 pm (please wear green)
Hot Lunch is New Orlean’s Cheese Pizza
We are almost there… 1 week until March Break!
For safety reasons, at dismissal time on the school yard, please do not
depart on the McFarlane St. side of the school yard until after the busses have
been dismissed. This includes the small gate to the school parking lot,
which should never be used by students. We recommend parents use the
Moderwell St. side of the school yard for parking/picking up students at the
end of the day, especially if you can’t wait.
Your children are resilient and forgiving!! There was a mix up
with our hot lunch today. We received cheese pizza instead of the cheese
panzerottis that we had ordered. We all did our best to roll with the
punches on this. Everyone initially received a slice for whatever number
of panzerottis they had ordered. Then they received another slice according
to their order at the end of recess. This way there was time to get the
extra pizza here and no one starved in the process. I personally
explained to the students that sometimes mistakes happen and they were
wonderful to be so understanding. Should you have any questions or
concerns, please call me (Mrs. Chute) on Monday. Thank you for your
Tuesday, March 6
Lenten Confessions, morning
Thursday, March 8
Lenten Liturgy, 9:30 am in Gym
Friday, March 9
Blue Spruce Author Virtual Visit, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm, Library
Hot Lunch is New Orlean’s cheese pizza
MARCH BREAK!! March
12-16 – NO SCHOOL!!!
· March 30 – Good Friday
· April 1 – Easter Sunday
· April 2 – Easter Monday
· April 3 – Chess Tournament, all day at Army & Navy
· April 4 – Dental Screening by Perth District Health Unit, morning
· April 4 -- Basketball games against Jeanne Sauve School, 4:00 pm (Boy's Home)
· April 4 – Ritual of Gift Giving and Invitation Information Meeting, 7:00 pm @ St. Joseph's Church
· April 5 – Graduation Photos (Grade 8 & SK), morning
· April 5 – Ritual of Gift Giving and Invitation Information Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Immaculate Conception Church
· April 6 – Library Technician Appreciation Day
· April 11 – Dance Fest for Grade 5/6 Class
· April 11 -- Basketball games against St. Ambrose, 4:00 pm (Boy's Home)
· April 11 – Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm
· April 17 – Grade 3 Retreat, am
· April 19 – Basketball Tournament at St. Mike's
· April 20 – Blue Spruce Virtual Author Visit
· April 20 – Grade 8 Walking Taco Fundraiser
· April 26 – Grade 5 Retreat (all of Perth County schools)
· April 27 – PD Day, no school
· April 27 – EA Appreciation Day
· May 2 – Stuff That Bus!
· May 3 – Grade 7 Tech Day, all day at Mitchell Community Centre
· May 4 – Catholic Education Week Mass at St. Joseph's Church, 1:30 pm
· May 6-12 – Catholic Education Week – Renewing the Promise & Children's Mental Health Week
· May 7 – Kindergarten & Grade 1 “Seasons" Trip to Wildwood, 11:45 – 2:30 pm
· May 10 – Rosary Celebration, pm
· May 11 – Author Visit, RJ Anderson for Grades 3-8, pm
· May 16 – Track & Field, Grades 3-8, all day
· May 16 – Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm
· May 17 – Track & Field, Grades 3-8, morning
· May 17 – Kindergarten Orientation for JK's Sept 2018, 9:15 am
· May 18 – Gauss Math Competition at St. Joseph's Parish Hall, all day
· May 18 – Hot Lunch is Hot Dogs (Parent Council will bbq them this day)
· May 21 – Victoria Day
· May 22 – June 1 – EQAO testing for Grades 3 & 6
· May 23 & 24 – Grade 8 Trip to Toronto
· May 23 – Grade 7's to Grade 7 & 8 Diocesan Retreat at St. Michael's Secondary School, all day
· May 23 – Confirmation Rehearsal, St. Joseph's Church, 7:00 pm
· May 27 – Confirmation, St. Joseph's Church, 2:00 pm
· June 4 – Legion Youth Awards Ceremony for Remembrance Day Contest winners
· June 6 – System Track & Field Meet at St. Anne's
· June 6 -- Kindergarten & Grade 1 “Seasons" Trip to Wildwood, 11:45 – 2:30 pm
· June 7 – System Track & Field Meet Rain Date
· June 8 – PD Day, no school
· June 13 – Closing Mass at St. Joseph's Church, 9:30 am
· June 19 – Two Pitch Tournament
· June 20 – Two Pitch Tournament Rain Date
· June 21 – Family BBQ
· June 25 – Play Day (whole school)
· June 27 – Senior Kindergarten Graduation, Time TBD-around lunch, Ceremony followed by a picnic lunch
· June 27 – Grade 8 Graduation, 6:00 pm @ St. Joseph's Church
· June 28 – Last day of school