The following is a list of some of the skilled professionals that work at the elementary and secondary levels to support education within our Board.
- Curriculum Coordinators - assist with program planning, assessment and evaluation, teacher professional development, school improvement planning
- Information and Communication Technology Coordinator - helps elementary and secondary teachers plan for technology integration in the curriculum
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program Coordinator - promotes apprenticeships as viable alternatives to college or university and assists in career exploration at the high school level
- Access to Psychological Services - provide assessment consultation services to support both elementary and secondary classroom teachers with academic programming and behaviour management for students with complex needs
- Literacy Resource Teachers - provide intensive and extensive intervention at the primary level for elementary schools as well as literacy instruction resource support.
- System Special Education Resource Teacher- provides support to school teams for student programming, Applied Behaviour Analysis and the implementation of Differentiated Instruction.
- Access to Speech Language Pathologist - assist elementary teachers in understanding the oral language needs of students and their inter-relationships among listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Autism Supports - Thames Valley Children’s Centre ASD Consultants (School Support Team) support educators to meet the needs of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Educational Assistants - provide support for students with significant needs
- Special Education Resource Teachers (please delete this link) - provide support to classroom teachers for students who require additional assistance
- Student Success Teachers - our high schools have dedicated teachers who will provide extra attention and support to students to help them prepare for their future goals and aspirations
Ministry of Education
Education For All Document
IPRC Teamwork Booklet
The Individual Education Plan
The Special Education Companion
Geneva Center for Autism
TVCC ASD Consultants
Canadian Psychiatric Research Foundation
Autism Foundation of Canada
Ontario Association for Developmental Education
Canadian Mental Health Association
The Canadian Hearing Society
Canadian National Institute for the Blind
Multiple Intelligences Survey